Parents Helping Parents, Inc/Southern California is a volunteer, non-profit organization that provides support, education, and networking to families who have children with learning disabilities and/or ADHD. It is run solely through the effort of parent volunteers. We value privacy and confidentiality. Membership is free.
· To provide a support system and resource network for parents
so they can better understand and deal with their child’s learning
· To assist family members and individuals dealing with learning differences to develop and implement strategies that promote successful educational and career choices
· To provide information to schools and the community so there is a better understanding of the difficulties that the LD child must face
Our Community Outreach Programs Include:
· Monthly Parent Meetings in Palos Verdes Estates that are open
to all interested adults in the South Bay, usually occurring on a Monday
evening from 6:30 to 8:30 P.M. Professional educators, therapists, and
others involved in helping children with learning differences are invited
to speak. Attendance is free. Reservations are not required.
· We sponsor special programs and conferences featuring nationally known guest speakers or authors who provide educational information and support about learning differences and/or parenting issues.
· We provide free monthly e-mail correspondence to parents and professionals who want to receive messages of support and regular updates about LD events of interest in our community. (Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to receive this e-mail service.)